THE UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLES
1. The Major Premise - A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence.
2. The Chiropractic Meaning of Life - The expression of this intelligence through matter is the Chiropractic meaning of life.
3. The Union of Intelligence and Matter - Life is necessarily the union of intelligence and matter.
4. The Triune of Life - Life is a triunity having three necessary united factors, namely: Intelligence, Force and Matter.
5. The Perfection of the Triune - In order to have 100% Life, there must be 100% Intelligence, 100% Force, 100% Matter.
6. The Principle of Time - There is no process that does not require time.
7. The Amount of Intelligence in Matter - The amount of intelligence for any given amount of matter is 100%, and is always proportional to its requirements.
8. The Function of Intelligence - The function of intelligence is to create force.
9. The Amount of Force Created by Intelligence - The amount of force created by intelligence is always 100%.
10. The Function of Force - The function of force is to unite intelligence and matter.
11. The Character of Universal Forces - The forces of Universal Intelligence are manifested by physical laws; are unswerving and unadapted, and have no solicitude for the structures in which they work.
12. Interference with Transmission of Universal Forces - There can be interference with transmission of universal forces.
13. The Function of Matter - The function of matter is to express force.
14. Universal Life - Force is manifested by motion in matter; all matter has motion, therefore there is universal life in all matter.
15. No Motion without the Effort of Force - Matter can have no motion without the application of force by intelligence.
16. Intelligence in both Organic and Inorganic Matter - Universal Intelligence gives force to both organic and inorganic matter.
17. Cause and Effect - Every effect has a cause and every cause has effects.
18. Evidence of Life - The signs of life are evidence of the intelligence of life.
19. Organic Matter - The material of the body of a "living thing" is organized matter.
20. Innate Intelligence - A "living thing" has an inborn intelligence within its body, called Innate Intelligence.
21. The Mission of Innate Intelligence - The mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body of a "living thing" in active organization.
22. The Amount of Innate intelligence - There is 100% of Innate Intelligence in every "living thing," the requisite amount, proportional to its organization.
23. The Function of Innate Intelligence - The function of Innate Intelligence is to adapt universal forces and matter for use in the body, so that all parts of the body will have co-ordinated action for mutual benefit.
24. The Limits of Adaptation - Innate Intelligence adapts forces and matter for the body as long as it can do so without breaking a universal law, or Innate Intelligence is limited by the limitations of matter.
25. The Character of Innate Forces - The forces of Innate Intelligence never injure or destroy the structures in which they work.
26. Comparison of Universal and Innate Forces - In order to carry on the universal cycle of life, Universal forces are destructive, and Innate forces constructive, as regards structural matter.
27. The Normality of Innate Intelligence - Innate Intelligence is always normal and its function is always normal.
28. The Conductors of Innate Forces - The forces of Innate Intelligence operate through or over the nervous system in animal bodies.
29. Interference with Transmission of Innate Forces - There can be interference with the transmission of Innate forces.
30. The Causes of Dis-ease - Interference with the transmission of Innate forces causes incoordination of dis-ease.
31. Subluxations - Interference with transmission in the body is always directly or indirectly due to subluxations in the spinal column.
32. The Principle of Coordination - Coordination is the principle of harmonious action of all the parts of an organism, in fulfilling their offices and purposes.
33. The Law of Demand and Supply - The Law of Demand and Supply is existent in the body in its ideal state; wherein the "clearing house," is the brain, Innate the virtuous "banker," brain cells "clerks," and nerve cells "messengers."